Standardized janitorial processes are key in reducing the 8 common wastes in all janitorial services:
- Defects in the service that add cost, require redo or waste time
- Over cleaning production
- Waiting in the cleaning process
- Non-Utilization of cleaners in production improvements
- Transporting cleaners, equipment and products
- Inventory Excess: Carrying unnecessary products and equipment
- Motion in cleaners’ flow and ergonomics that wastes time
- Excess Expectations compared to cleaning scope
or Download our white paper: “5 Things Janitorial Companies Know About Their Price, That You Don’t”
In 2011, Marc's team won the large company category, "Best in the Industry" marketing materials from the Building Service Contractor Association International (BSCAI). Marc also directs Varsity's proposal writing, sales process and tools development, marketing campaigns, corporate website SEO performance and customer support center.
Marc has spent his career developing strategic capabilities that enhance value to customers and the company. A Lean Sigma Green belt himself, he developed the company's Lean Sigma offering, providing an innovative solution to customers' need to lower cost while raising quality. He led the development of JanOPS, an industry-leading janitorial operating system, which brings standardization and service consistency to large campus and geographically disperse national accounts.
Prior to this position, Marc was responsible for strategic management at Varsity. He has initiated or directed multiple strategic technology initiatives, ranging from a corporate website, a corporate intranet, a web/smartphone based quality control system, a learning management system, a corporate content manager and knowledge wiki, salesforce.com deployment and customization, and an Android app which facilitates the GROW sales process he has developed.
Marc is the author of several leadership and management training manuals, field guides, marketing collateral and case studies. He speaks Portuguese and Spanish and holds a bachelor degree in English/Technical Writing and a Masters of Business Administration in Finance from Idaho State University. Marc enjoys mountain biking, skiing, fishing and golf. He is happily married, and he and his wife Victoria enjoy raising and spending time with their four children.
Latest posts by Marc Collings (see all)
- Strategic Sourcing - July 11, 2017
- Under the Hood: Janitorial Pricing - July 3, 2017
- 5 Absolutes to an Accurate Janitorial Service Price - June 30, 2017